Welcome to the NPDI
Dedicated to making one of the world’s greatest collections of Natural Products, the former Merck and Schering-Plough natural products library, available to the scientific community.
NPDI is a division within the Institute for Hepatitis and Virus Research (IHVR), one of Pennsylvania’s most entrepreneurial non-profit research organizations. The NPDI was established in 2011 as a result of an unprecedented gift to the IHVR by Merck and Co. of its entire U.S. Natural Products Library and the Schering-Plough Legacy Culture Collection. Together, it is one of the largest, most diverse, and best curated natural products collections in the world.
- Maintain and develop its collection of natural products for human benefit, including discovery of human and animal therapeutics, nutritionals, cosmeceuticals, and research and production tools
- Make its collection of natural products available to qualified researchers worldwide
- Provide industry standard follow‐up chemistry to support bioassay driven structure identification and elucidation
- Teach others about therapeutic drug discovery and natural products
- Advance the goals of the Hepatitis B Foundation and its research organization, the IHVR